Many students are keen to travel and shop enthusiastically online. In both cases, a credit card is a handy tool. However, credit card fees are often a deterrent. The following three top current account offers help – because the credit card is included free of charge.
1. ING DiBa checking account for students
ING DiBa very vaguely describes this offer as “the best online checking account.” From an objective perspective, the offer also offers a few points that should appeal to students. This not only applies to the free Visa card that is on board :
- Free debit card
- No account maintenance fees
- Withdraw money in USD free of charge at home and abroad
- Free payment at home and abroad
- Contactless payment up to an amount of 50 USD free of charge
- 500 USD disposition are easily granted
There are two points to consider when using ATMs, which are likely to disturb many aspiring academics. First, at least 50 USD must be withdrawn. This is quite a lot for students. Secondly, it may be that the respective machine operators also charge fees.
2. DKB cash for students
The DKB has tailored its checking account offer very much to the needs of students. The main features correspond to those of the actual checking account. For example, account management, like the Visa card, is free of charge.
Special services for students are:
- International student ID card (ISIC), which guarantees discounts in numerous online shops. For example at Microsoft, Flixbus or Flacconi
- All banking transactions can be done on the go with the DKB banking app
- Apple Pay and Google Pay as payment options
- Benefit from advantages such as online mobile phone charging via Service Banking +
- Withdraw cash free of charge not only from ATMs, but also in markets such as Rewe or dm
- At 6.9 percent, it is a cheap overdraft facility
There are no hidden costs or conditions like the ING DiBa and the 50 USD that have to be withdrawn at the DKB. Abroad and especially in the non-USD area, however, fees for withdrawals or payments with the Visa card or the debit card, which is also free of charge, may be due.
3. Free student account from 1822direkt
The offer of 1822direkt for students is very similar to that of the other two banks. It can be run free of charge. Also on board are a free Visa card and a debit card, which is also free. With 7.43 percent, the overdraft facility at this bank is also relatively cheap.
However, 1822direkt can also score with some strengths that the other two banks do not have:
- All ATMs from all savings banks can be used free of charge
- 75 USD credit for students who close their checking account promptly and use it as their main bank account
- There is a 100 USD credit for students who successfully recruit a friend
However, a few things are not so good: the student account can only be kept up to the age of 26. The main current account of 1822direkt, which must then be used, is also free of charge. The credit card, however, not – at least not generally. It’s guaranteed to be free for the first year only. Then an annual turnover of 4000 USD must be achieved, otherwise it will be charged.
Not all of the gri accounts are equally suitable for all students. Instead, individual preferences decide.
For example, if you want to withdraw money particularly conveniently free of charge, you have come to the right address at 1822direkt. The DKB is the right place to go for online shoppers aiming for discounts. ING DiBa is a wise choice for students who regularly grabs the desire to travel. If you don’t like the additional conditions, you can also look around further.